Welcome to our Online Community!
Advancing the Nursing Community
in New Mexico
The New Mexico Center for Nursing Excellence convenes and facilitates dialogue and action that results in excellence in nursing education, practice and work environment.
Nursing Leadership with Maureen Swick
Nursing Leadership: My Leadership Journey and AONE’s Strength through Collaboration
Just how do the nursing leaders on the national stage get there?
Join us as Dr. Swick shares her personal journey and tells of the strength of collaboration.
2017 Nightingale Nursing Scholarships
Applications are closed. Winners will be announced by end of March.
We will award fifteen (15) $1,000 scholarships to nursing students at all levels of study - from ADN to graduate degrees.
2017 Nursing Excellence Awards
This year's event will take place Saturday, October 21 at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa.
The call for nominations will go our during Nurses Week in May.
Want to know what’s going on with the Center?
Here are some of the things we did in 2016:
- in March we awarded 15 Nightingale Scholarships to nursing students throughout NM
- Dr. Linda Aiken told us all about Using Evidence to Address What Keeps Nurse Up at Night in April.
- In June, we hosted our 8th (!) annual Nursing Educators Conference, Creating a Culture of Civility in Healthcare: Classroom to Workplace.
- The 12th annual New Mexico Nursing Excellence Awards ere held October 29th. Here's a list of the Honorees!
- And in November we welcomed Judee Berg to talk to us about A Culture of Health and the Value of Nursing. We also explored the likely changes in healthcare that we face.
Get on our mailing list so you get up-to-date information on upcoming offerings!
Do you know about NMAC - the New Mexico Action Coalition?
Well, you should!
Get involved and help us build build a Culture of Health in New Mexico.
Click on the NM Action Coalition tab above for info and meeting notes or check out this overview.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Leadership Programs
Call for applications for their four programs/fellowships goes out in early January. Get on their email list for updates. Here's website will all the details including an informative webinar.
*Health Policy Research Scholars* *Culture of Health Leaders*
*Interdisciplinary Research Leaders* *Clinical Scholars*
Series of Nursing Workforce Data Webinars
Webinars hosted by the Health Workforce Technical Assistance Center.
Visit their website for full information.
It's been over 6 years since the landmark IOM report on nursing The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health - and it is still the most downloaded report in the IOM's history!
See the new report showing how we're progressing on their recommendations.
Online Courses Available!
Continuing education courses from Pearl's Review &CE Direct.